Friday, November 15, 2013

Cross-Blog Promotion

As some of you may know, I also have a blog about writing, and other aspects of my life.  I recently published a new story on Kindle, and I thought I would take a moment to share that with you.  This is copied from my other blog:

Many moons ago, an enthusiastic group of writers had an idea. What if we each contributed a short story to an anthology that took place in a shared world setting? And what if that setting was a Burroughs-esque Sword & Planet setting? And what if each writer wrote his story about a different planet? A Facebook page was quickly constructed, and planets were doled out to several writers, some basic details and ideas were hashed out, and soon work really began.

Well, as these things sometimes go, some writers had to bow out, the editor was forced to abandon ship for several very good reasons, and it looked like the idea was dead in the water. However, that left six people with completed stories that they were unsure what to do with.

A few of us have decided to share those stories on Kindle (and possibly other eBook venues). For my own part, I have formatted it, packaged it with a nice cover, and put it out there. I published it last night, but this morning when I woke up a sudden thought occurred to me, and I realized I had forgotten a few key elements (such as the copyright notice). So, this morning I fixed the base file, and re-uploaded it. It should be available for purchase some time this afternoon.

In re-reading it yesterday, I did notice one flaw, and it may be a big one. But, I will wait for someone to point it out. Because I tried to figure out how to fix it, and I just couldn't think of anything that didn't sound stupid. So, I left the story as is. I rather like it. It's got adventure, danger, excitement, pirates, flying ships, aliens, and a bit of romance. All told, I think fans of the genre will enjoy it.
The story is now available:
The Pirates of Themos

Additionally, Charles Gramlich (who's other writings may also be of interest to fans of many genres) has also published his tale:
The Machineries of Mars

I hope that, if you enjoy the S&P genre, you'll look into both.  They're short stories.  And I can attest that at least Charles' is very good.  I just hope mine measures up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment