Friday, August 8, 2014

Too much games

I recently ordered a printing of Stars Without Number through Lulu, and it’s on its way. In the meantime, I am reading the PDF bit by bit, and I am really into the idea of running/playing (probably would rather play) a sci fi game.

Tied into this, I am working on a novel based on the premise of a sci fi/space opera universe that also has magic in certain areas. To simulate this, I could easily drop magic elements from D&D into SWN. Which is why I am looking at it instead of the awesomeness that is Star Frontiers.

Of course, if no one bites the whole blended universe idea, and would rather just do straight up sci fi, then SF would be my first choice.

But then there’s the fact that the 5e PHB comes out today. I certainly plan to buy it ASAP. I kept forgetting to pre-order it from my FLGS, so I will probably pay full price (for RPG stuff I prefer to support local stores instead of Amazon). Though they might give me a discount for being a member of their “frequent shoppers club” thing.

Anyways, the shiny newness of 5e has me still wanting to give it a full-blown play of high-fantasy adventure. However, with my group still in the final phases of a 3.5 game, it may be a while before we want to switch gears. Which may be a good thing, as it would probably allow us time to get ahold of the other two core 5e books as well.

And finally, there’s the ever-burning desire to play every game on my game shelf. Marvel Superheroes (or perhaps Mutants & Marvels), Dragon Age, Spycraft…the list goes on and on. Sometimes it’s difficult to be so RPG AD…oooh…shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment