Thursday, April 23, 2015

Preparing for a new arrival

No, the wife isn't pregnant (physically impossible without some surgery).  But I am working feverishly on Mutants & Marvels 2.0.  I've done a lot of additions and edits already.  And I finally got around to running the edits to Combat through some tests, and realized I needed more edits, and a couple of revamps.  I suspect that I will have all of that done in a week or so.  Maybe more.

Also got the new cover image drawn, inked and scanned.  Now I just need to add color, and put it into a proper cover file for uploading.

All of this has made me realize that the thing is taking longer than expected.  So, in the meantime, I have "unpublished" the PDF from RPGNow.  That was kind of a tough decision, since it consistently sells.  But, I realized that the more people that buy it at $4.99 (the current price), the more money I lose on future sales.

So, for now, M&M is completely unavailable for sale.  When I get the new file all complete, I will update the product and make it public again.  Those who bought it at $4.99 should be able to download the new version for free as an updated product.  The new version will cost more (probably looking at $9 or so), and will also have a new PoD version available through RPGNow, once I manage to get the cover images correct.

Admittedly, many of the recent delays have been largely thanks to my wife uploading Dragon Age: Origins onto my computer.  Talk about addicting...

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to Mutants & Marvels 2.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! the more I edit and revise, the more excited I get about it. :)

      Delete