Friday, September 5, 2014


Zine-O-Morph #1 had some progress lately. I finished one of the pictures, and am now working on making a cover image out of it. I was originally going to go full-color, but I'm thinking I might do it B&W, as that seems to be en vogue for fanzines these days.

I have one piece of art in progress from a fellow blogger, and another I had been talking to a DeviantArtist about. However, the DeviantArtist seems to have lost interest, so that's a step backwards. But, I might be able to pull it off myself. I can visualize what I need in my head, so I might be able to get something workable down.

I also finished the fiction, so that will be back in. I was struggling to write something that would fit with the Zine format, without being too long and drawn out. I took my original story and jumped the starting point further in and went from there. I think it turned out pretty good, all things considered.

And finally, I have added a bonus section. This whole idea began with the concept of using Drow in Basic Era games. I did a write-up of them, and that was going to form the basis of the whole Zine. But, I was later informed that Labyrinth Lord did one already, so I decided to go a different route and make up my own race. Then, after seeing the LL effort, I decided that mine was much better. So, I am including my views on the Drow for Basic as a bonus section.

All in all, I think this will turn out pretty cool.
I'm rather proud of this illustration.
Took some inspiration from the
Bill Willingham classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment