Monday, September 29, 2014

Zine-O-Morph status

So, as I stated in my previous post, issue #1 didn’t sell too well. And I am wondering if maybe the price was a bit too high. I see a lot of other zines with more content for less price, and I’m wondering if I overestimated its value, especially considering the format (PDF-only).

To that end, I am thinking of setting up a system of reducing prices. When a new issue is released, it will go for the $2.99 cover price. But, when the next issue is released, the previous issue will be permanently reduced to $1.99. I think this will be a good thing, though I’m sure there will be a lot of people who might put the new issue on their wish list, and then wait for the price to drop. I know I would. And that’s cool.

That being said, I might reduce issue #1 early. However, the thought makes me feel bad for the few people who already bought it. So, what I might do is generate some exclusive content for those few. I’m not sure what it would be at this time (my brain is in Military Sci-Fi mode, and not underdark adventures right now). I don’t know, what do you guys think?

As far as #2 goes, it’s cruising along nicely. The main article is just about done (probably a few little tweaks as they come to me), as is the first of three new races. I also came up with a substitute for the “New Items” section that I think will be cool. And as I said before, the fiction is done as well. All told, I suspect I will be ready to roll with it by the end of the month.

My initial idea was to do a new issue quarterly, but I think rather than committing to that kind of schedule, I will probably do new issues as I get them done. I’m also thinking I will probably open the zine up to non-paid contributions (both writing and artwork). If that seems to be something others are interested in, I will probably work up a list of topics that specific issues will cover, and let people send me what they think would fit.

Anyways, happy gaming! And be sure to check out my other stuff, and leave reviews for what you purchase. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment