Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mutants & Marvels - Continued

So, I finally got around to ordering a print copy of Mutants & Marvels from Lulu.  It arrived about a week ago, and it looks really good.  It's not perfect, though.  I went for a smaller, TPB size (6" x 9"), and I forgot that the aspect ratio for that size isn't the same as it is for standard 8.5" x 11".  Subsequently, the side margins are a bit narrow, making it harder to read the print closest to the spine, and the top margin is over-large.  But the print quality is excellent.  I opted for color interior, and it looks great.

In other M&M news, today I got a very nice, and humbling review on Mutants & Marvels at RPGNow. And, like any good reviewer, he pointed out the shortcomings, and listed some improvements he would like to see. I am very glad that others find the game useful and fun. Thank you very much, Brian!

Brian's comments, as well as some from others who have downloaded the game, have inspired me to move forward with an idea I had.  I've kind of now decided that issue #3 of Zine-O-Morph will be dedicated to Supers Roleplaying, and M&M in specific.  My initial idea includes an article that details some options based on what feedback I have gotten, some detailed locations, maybe some new characters, and most likely another adventure.

This will all be coming in the future.  Right now ZOM #2 is still sitting in limbo, basically waiting for me to get off my duff and put some Military Sci Fi artwork together.  Once I get that done, I'll get it PDFed and uploaded ASAP.

I'm hoping to get in a lot more writing this year.  I have a lot of fiction I would like to do, and a list of RPG-related projects I'd like to work on.  However, until I finish school in a few months, all of that will be slow-going.

No comments:

Post a Comment