Friday, July 19, 2013

Orcs and Stuff

As indicated by my last post, I have recently developed a renewed interest in all things Star Frontiers.  Last night I did what I always do, and created my own content for it.  As you may have surmised, I am somewhat enamoured of Orcs, in all of their glorious forms.  So I decided to combine that with SF, and do a Race Sheet for Orcs (with original artwork by yours truly).  It's been uploaded on the My Addiction page here.  Take a look and let me know what you think!

Interestingly, that idea came about based on a fiction idea I am developing.  One day I was lamenting on Facebook how uninspired to write I had been for a while (if you're interested, I talk about that kind of stuff on occasion on my other blog).  A friend of mine who knows of my love of Orcs, as well as my long-standing passion for Stallone movies, suggested writing something akin to "The Expendables with Orcs."  Brilliant!  Of course, the first thing I thought of was the old Dragon*Star campaign I had run back in San Diego.

Well, long story short, that is exactly what I am doing.  Except, there will be no magic, and it will be more of a straight Science Fiction Action story.  I'm treating Orcs as if they were just another alien race, with hints of them coming from more primitive "fantasy" worlds.  So, when I looked at Star Frontiers, it seemed to be a good fit.

In other (non) news, not sure if we are playing 5E this weekend or not.  I'm thinking probably not, as it is Friday, and nothing has been mentioned all week.  Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment