Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Life of Rage 2nd Ed?

So, yesterday I had a random thought. What if I edited my Life of Rage supplement to be a fully playable, self-contained retro-clone? I think it's doable. It's really just a matter of filling in the gaps such as spell descriptions, monsters, saving throw tables, and miscellaneous odds and ends like that.

Also, I have made a deal with an artist friend of mine to have him do some art for me. Originally, the artwork was to be used in the non-OSR version of the game, but I think it would be ok to use the same artwork for both versions. Also, what I will probably do is just update the file at RPGNow with the complete version, allowing those who initially purchased it the option of downloading the new version for free. And I will up the price a bit (probably from $2.99 to $4.99) for new customers.

And finally, I'll probably start working on some supplements and adventures, as I can. But, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here. I think maybe opening the setting up to the OGL license would be possible. That would allow others to write adventures tailored to LoR on their own.

In other news, still waiting to hear some feedback on Mutants & Marvels. I have about four people who have downloaded the playtest file. Hoping to hear back with some opinions and suggestions. Also hoping to finagle some playtesting of my own sometime soon.

I'm also working on artwork for it, and I'll probably be doing it myself. I have settled on a style that I think would be a cool fit. Sean Galloway, aka Cheeks 74, is an amazing artist. If I can produce some stuff that is even half as good as his, I'll consider it a success. I also have a few artist friends who have volunteered to donate some pieces.


Be sure to visit Sean's blog, and check out his DeviantART page.


No comments:

Post a Comment