Monday, August 19, 2013

Life of Rage - OSR

Well, I am officially an RPG Product Publisher. Life of Rage - OSR Edition went live at RPGNow on Saturday. This version has a cover image (which will hopefully be updated to something better in the future), and some added content and edits from the version I had offered here.

I went kind of low on the price ($4.99), but not as low as I initially considered. It only runs 29 pages total. However, it has a complete setting and plenty of background material, not to mention the original game-specific content designed to be compatible with B/X D&D. All in all, it was a lot of effort. Chances are, if it had been produced by a larger company, with artwork throughout (which mine is 100% lacking), it would be offered for 2-3 times as much as I am charging. I think it's a fair trade.

The plan for this one is to raise enough cash to commission some pro-level interior art to fill in the Original Version of the game. As you may recall, that one has an original rules system, and some unique mechanics not seen in any game I have ever played. I would really like to make the Original Version very professional if possible. I have the basic game done, so my plan while I work on getting some art is to create some original fiction, a full adventure, and some adventure seeds to include in the final version.

All the while, I would like to get the game play tested. I've done some initial testing, and the system works. But I need groups of people not associated with me to have a look. So, if you are interested in this, please let me know. If you play test it and give me some feedback, I'll include your name in the final version, as well as a coupon for a discount on purchasing. My goal is to offer it as a PDF through RPGNow, and also as a PoD through Lulu.

On other news, the mercs in space game, which I have titled Stars of Fortune for now, is chugging along. I have an almost complete system, and am starting to figure out some background and fluff. This will be a small, cheap game, most likely. The art will be simple. Probably some Photoshopped stock images, and not much else. We'll see how it goes.

Haven't been able to play in a while, but we are scheduled to play our 3.5 game this Friday. I might print out some play test versions of LoR to hand out to my gaming group, and see if I can get some interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment