Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Some updates and stuff!

Well, since my last post we got to play another session of 5E. Nothing noteworthy, rules-wise, but the story progressed nicely. Of course, just after we played that, a new set of play test documents was released. Now I will have to download those, print them out, and start over. But, from what I hear, things are shaping up nicely. The game is widdling down to a good, playable form. I'm excited to play again when we can.

We also got to play in our long-running 3.5E game this past weekend. It had been many weeks due to the DM being out of the country on vacation, and then his father passing away during his trip. But, he has bounced back well, and the story progresses. I made a concerted effort to not let my character be bullied by the rampant meta-gaming that goes on at our table. I think I did quite well. Pulled a few surprises on the DM, and made some odd, yet successful choices of action. All in all, I think the break might have done us some good, as everyone seemed to be tackling the game with more vigor this time out.

This past weekend, we moved into our new apartment. One of the many results of which is that we have some boxes and bins to go through and purge the excess. While getting started on this, I found my old gaming stuff, including a large stack of D&D books from previous editions. I have set aside what I want to keep for sure, and listed the rest on the OSRGaming.org forums. Already got a nibble. I think I am going to take good pictures of everything, and create a slide-show on Photobucket. I'll be sure to post a link here, in case any of you are interested.

Other things I found include my old Star Frontiers books, some Palladium books, my copy of Twilight 2000, and some homebrew odds and ends, including a couple of copies of a sci-fi RPG I wrote a while back called HOMESTAR. It's kind of a hoot to look at it now. I could see it being edited, maybe have some of themechanics tightened up, illustrated, and published on the cheap.

Speaking of publishing on the cheap, I put together a salable version of Life of Rage OSR, and submitted it to RPGNow. The price will be $4.99, which I think is fair. If/When it becomes available for purchase, I'll post a link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment