Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hero's Journey

I thought I'd post some info on Hero's Journey (btw, what do you think of that for a name?).

First off, here is the Table of Contents:
INTRODUCTION
PART 1: CHARACTERS
CREATING A CHARACTER
ABILITY SCORES
RACE
HUMAN
KATUMON
SHA-LAN
HORKA
VILLOW
CLASS
WARRIOR
ROGUE
PRIEST
SORCERER
HIT POINTS
INTUITION
ALIGNMENT
SKILLS & WEAPON PROFICIENCIES
OUTFITTING FOR ADVENTURE
WEAPONS
ARMOR

PART 2: ENCOUNTERS
COMBAT
ACTION POINTS
BASE COMBAT BONUS
PARRYING
DEFENSE
THE COMBAT ROUND
SPECIAL COMBAT SITUATIONS
PRIESTS AND THE UNDEAD
MONSTERS
CONVERSION
NPC’S

PART 3: ATTRIBUTE CHECKS & SAVING THROWS

PART 4: SPELLS
SPELL CASTING
SORCERER SPELLS
PRIEST SPELLS

APPENDIX A: LEVELING
APPENDIX B: EQUIPMENT
APPENDIX C: COMMON MONSTER LIST
APPENDIX D: TRADITIONAL DEMI-HUMAN RACES
I might move a couple of things around. Like Leveling. I might move that somewhere else. I'm not sure yet.

On the Monster List, I have a list of 100 monsters gleaned from the B/X books, and I will be spending the next few days converting all of the stats to be compatible with the rules as I have them here. Aside from that, and the section on NPC's, the text is completely done. I just need to get it playtested and fine-tuned. Then comes the dreaded art issues. I'll work through that eventually, but it's kind of a pain for a one-man operation with no funds.

Anyways, does this sound interesting to anyone yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment