Monday, October 28, 2013

Inadvertently following a legend

Behold the TRUE face of David "Zeb" Cook!!
So, this Friday is Gamehole Con. After a brief run-in with possible Jury Duty this week, it is confirmed that I will be there for three days. I’ll be gaming, shopping, and just generally enjoying the company of fellow geeks (and hoping I don’t get sick).

Although the whole thing promises to be exciting, the one thing I am most looking forward to is playing B/X D&D with David Cook on Friday. Yes, THAT David “Zeb” Cook. The man behind the first Expert Set, Star Frontiers, and more recently, City of Villains, along with a host of other fine products.

Oddly enough, I didn’t know about the CoV thing until just recently. Apparently he was the lead designer on that game, and known in-game as Lord Recluse. And now he is working on Elder Scrolls Online, which I have been looking at, and will hopefully get a chance to try out. So, in the big picture I have kind of been following David around without even knowing it! Pretty cool. I hope he agrees to autograph my Expert Set book.

In other news, I have suspended all online RPGs. Mainly because my graphics card crapped out, and I need to replace it. But also, I just don’t need that kind of distraction. I don’t get much time to myself, so if I want to see my dream of being a noteworthy writer realized, I really need to pare down the distractions. Of course, I just started playing the Black Ops Campaign yesterday…

And finally, I sold a single copy of Qruzlat – The Way of the Crushing Fist! YAY ME!! Hopefully whoever bought it likes it, and gives me a good review.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale!

    I hope it's just the first of many more to come.

    ReplyDelete