Thursday, October 17, 2013

Maybe it's for the best

Well, the other day my computer decided that it didn't want me playing WoW anymore. or any MMO for that matter. I'm not sure what the problem is, exactly, but it would freeze up whenever I was playing WoW, and it would take forever to get it to boot back up. I updated the video driver, but, because it's Nvidia, there are issues with that, apparently.

Last night I decided to boot up DCUOnline, just to test it. Yep, same thing. Only now the damn thing won't boot back up at all, no matter what I do. In the past I ran into some bad sectors on my hard drive, and partitioned them off, so it has worked fine. But, now I am wondering if the problem has spread.

Either way, I am without a viable computer at home until I can get it fixed or replaced. I will probably have to get a new Hard Drive, and hopefully that's it. Heaven forbid if my video card is shot too...

Anyways, that leaves me with no gaming other than my bi-weekly game (which we will finally resume once more tomorrow night). I still have no idea how I could possibly wedge in an additional game, what with family, work, and school. So, I guess I'll just be happy with what I got. Though I am still eying the possibility of forcing my kids to play...

On the writing front, I published Qruzlat last week, and even gave it a better cover. To date, I have 2 "sales" for $0 each. Not sure what that means, but according to RPGNow it might be that they have given comp copies to a couple of featured reviewers. Either way, it really means that literally no one is interested in it. I might just integrate it into LoR-OSR and update that file.

And, as always happens, this poor performance has me second-guessing myself. I look at RPGNow just about every day, and I am astounded by the sheer volume of product being produced and published. Which makes me wonder why I bother. What is my stuff but a blip on a screen?

Eh, I will probably eventually finish the three big projects I have going, and let it go. It's been fun, and I've gotten some good feedback. But, I have to face the fact that I'm not a game-designer. I'm just a fanboy, like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment