Tuesday, September 10, 2013

D&D 30 Day Challenge: Day 10 – Craziest Thing That’s Happened That I Saw to a Party/Character/My Players, Etc.

I have to admit, I'm really having a hard time with this one. I don't think I've seen all that much crazy stuff. I mean, there a few instances where a character did something that made the rest of party pause. Like the time our Solamnic Knight of the Crown picked up a goblin's dropped sword and handed it back to him in the middle of a fight.

Or the time we were playing a GURPS Vikings game, and one guy, who was playing an Amazon who had cut off her right breast because she used a bow (he claimed it was historically accurate) pulled out said bow in a bar fight.

In my current game my barbarian/favored sould/fighter fast-talked a banshee into letting us pass into her keep, because there was a vampire queen we could kill for her. Actually I wanted the magic sword that my god had told me was there. I killed the vampire, and the banshee let us leave. Though my new sword wanted to kill her too.

I think the craziest "A-Team" moment happened last year when were doing an all-day marathon session of Against the Giants using 1E rules (it was the DM's birthday party). There was a room full of Frost Giants. So, we loaded up the hardiest characters (including my fighter) with fire protection spells, and had them run in with barrels of alcohol and jump into the fire pit. The ensuing explosion was worthy of a Michael Bay movie, and we killed half the giants in that one move. The rest was mop up.

I'm sure there are plenty more WTF moments in my past. I tend to play with some slightly unbalanced people.

No comments:

Post a Comment