Monday, September 23, 2013

D&D 30 Day Challenge - Day 23: Least Favorite Monster

The Tarrasque.

This thing is an indestructible engine of destruction that can't be reasoned with; it can't be bargained with; and it absolutely will not stop. Ever! Until the world is dead!

Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to put kaiju in D&D? I have, fortunately, never had a DM who was so sadistic as to bring one of these out (although I did have one DM who made us fight a brontosaurus...but that's a whole other story). Just looking at the stats and abilities is enough to make me want to just ignore its existence. I mean, who but a god would even be able to take it down?

I'm sure there are a thousand-thousand stories about how this group or that group succeeded. But....why? Why bother? Any sane person would just sit down and play with their toes until the inevitable happened. Where's the excitement in that?

And for the record, I never cared much for Godzilla either. I outgrew him at about 12 years old. Besides, Ultraman could totally kick Godzilla's ass.

Come to think of it, where is the Ultraman entry for D&D?

1 comment:

  1. The way I understood the thing is that it was created much as the tomb of horrors, to mess up your players.

    ReplyDelete