Saturday, September 28, 2013

D&D 30 Day Challenge - Day 28: A Character I will Never Play Again

I will never play a character of any type without first knowing what kind of campaign it is going to be.  I'm not saying that I will plan and cater my character to a specific campaign.  I just won't play that guy who has no business being in a particular style of game.

My current character started off as a Barbarian.  And a half-orc at that.  But it soon became apparent that the campaign was one involving a lot of role-playing, and "talky bits."  Nothing wrong with that kind of game.  It's actually pretty cool most nights.  But my character was completely useless unless we were in a fight.  Eventually I was able to modify his concept through the addition of other classes.  But even then, he's still kind of a "fish out of water" to an extent where it takes away some of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment